…would you like to go on a date with Idris Elba?
…would you like to organize a perfect date?
We have a real treat for you: watch the film below and either learn how to win a date with the famous actor or write down useful tips for an unforgettable date. For better understanding switch the subtitles on 🙂 Enjoy!
- a treat – a special experience or occasion – gratka
- unforgettable – something that you cannot forget – niezapomniany
- to pop champagne – to make a short explosive sound when opening a bottle of champagne – otworzyć szampana
- extraordinary – very unusual, special – wyjątkowy
- to bring together – to make a group of people meet – zebrać w jednym miejscu
- to think outside the box – to think imaginatively using new ideas instead of traditional or expected ideas – myśleć kreatywnie, niesztampowo
- persona – a particular type of character that a person has – osobowość
- suspenders – a pair of straps that hold up a pair of pants – szelki
- babyish – suitableonly for a baby – dziecięcy, dla niemowlaków
- slap – to hit someone or something with the flat part of the hand or other flat object – uderzyć otwartą dłonią, spoliczkować
- to propose – to ask somebody to marry you – oświadczyć się
- beans – link – fasolka
- to fart – to release gas through the bottom – puszczać bąki
- to criss-cross – type of hip hop dance – taniec polegający na krzyżowaniu nóg w podskokach
- to swing around – to turn quickly to face another direction – wykonać obrót
- I bet you! – I guarantee – na pewno, założę się
- to pull a face – to make a face – robić miny
- to pass out – to become unconscious – zemdleć
- ingenious – very clever and involving new ideas – pomysłowy
- fate – a power that some people believe decides what will happen – przeznaczenie
Interested in learning phrasal verbs and expressions connected with love and relationships? Click here.