In this new commercial from NRA, our own Dana Loesch lays out the position of moms who demand protection and their right to bear arms.
Now, read the comments given by YouTube users under this LINK and then make some discussion – do you agree with NRA statement or not?
The heart of The NRA Foundation’s mission is preserving the core of our American values and traditions in our steadfast effort to Teach Freedom.
Established in 1990, The NRA Foundation, Inc. (“NRA Foundation”) is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that raises tax-deductible contributions in support of a wide range of firearm-related public interest activities of the National Rifle Association of America and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans. These activities are designed to promote firearms and hunting safety, to enhance marksmanship skills of those participating in the shooting sports, and to educate the general public about firearms in their historic, technological and artistic context. Funds granted by The NRA Foundation benefit a variety of constituencies throughout the United States including children, youth, women, individuals with physical disabilities, gun collectors, law enforcement officers, hunters and competitive shooters.
- to preserve – to keep something the same or prevent it from being damaged or destroyed – zachowywać, chronić
- steadfast – refusing to change your beliefs or what you are doing – niewzruszony, niezachwiany
- effort – an attempt to do something – próba, wysiłek
- exempt – with special permission not to have to do something or pay something – zwolniony
- deduct – to take an amount or a part of something away from a total – potrącać, odliczać, odejmować
- deductible – potrącalny, możliwy do odliczenia
- amendment – a change in the words of a document, or the process of doing this – poprawka
- law-abiding – a law-abiding person always obeys the law – prawomyślny, praworządny
- enhance – to improve sth – poprawiać
- marksmanship – skill in shooting – umiejętności strzeleckie
- constituency – an area of a country which elects someone to represent it in the government, or the people who live there – okręg (wyborczy)
- to enforce – to make people obey a rule or law – egzekwować
- enforcement – egzekwowanie
- competitive – wanting to win or to be more successful than other people – abbitny
- competitive – involving competition – oparty na rywalizacji, wymagajacy rywalizacji
Na podstawie: nrafoundation.org & youtube.com